Friday, August 14, 2009

Window Seat

As I boarded the plane, I was told my seat was a certain row and "B", the middle seat. I, of course, was hoping for a window seat, so I could have a view. Straining my neck, I could only see a little of the fading landscape, the Earth in which we live becoming that three-dimensional topography map at the county fair. I wanted more of that view, to see where I was headed and what lies beneath me, anticipate my destination.
Ephesians 1: 3-6 With a view...things in the heavens and things upon the Earth...

God has blessed me by giving me a "window seat''. He has given me a "view" of my place in heaven as I receive His blessings on Earth. He allows me through His grace to establish my foundation in Him, my rich topography, filled with valleys and peaks, to have hope of my final destination. His itinerary is His will for my life.

Ephesians 1: 7-12 With a view of the fullness of the times...

As I stay on course, stick to my flight plan, I am assured of a safe landing. I am redeemed
and lavished upon, first class all the way. Not only do I enjoy a window seat, but my view through the porthole, which is Christ, allows me a glimpse of the Heavens as well as knowing the
landscape. The recognition of the hills, valleys and refreshing streams upon the surface is God's revealing wisdom and insight from above. I was among the first to board, a priority passenger as they say, placing my hope in the Captain, and I give Him my praise for He will navigate my life into His glory.

Ephesians 1: 13-15 With a view to the redemption...

I am buckled in after listening to instructions, reading his Word. Now confident in my safety plan, the Holy Spirit of promise holds on to me, keeping me secure in my position in Christ. With unsurpassing greatness, the jet engines of God's power rev up inside me as I give thanks for the working of His "strength of His might." As the plane flies above the clouds, I think of heavenly places and those who have left on an earlier flight. They are now seated at His feet. Someday, that too will be my home, my final destination. For now, my prayer is to continue my travels, sightseeing through the eyes of the Spirit with Christ as my tour guide. I know when the turbulence comes, I am assured of calm air on the other side because I have put my trust in my Pilot, my Heavenly Father. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Coleene,...I loved this! You captured my attention and blessed my heart today as you pointed me straight to the Lord,...who is my Pilot.

    I will trust in Him and enjoy my trip! I found you on Vonnie's blog. I am now following you so I can be blessed again and again. ((smile))

    Please stop on over and read my post today, and perhaps become a follower if you feel at home.

    Thanks,
    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete