Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snickers Bar Faith



I wrote this two years ago,  but thought it would go nicely with the last two posts.  Come to His Banquet Table, a feast awaits you! 

Snickers Bar Faith

I had only coffee for breakfast,
It got me up and awake.
But what You had for me Lord you say,
Was a Denver omelette and a steak!

For snack I grabbed a granola bar,
"Hey, it could be a worse choice," I wavered.
But You had sweet melons with berries and cheese,
I missed all those mouth-watering flavors.

I skipped over lunch today,
So busy and oh so rushed.
Your Spirit even reminded me;
Why do I feel like slush?

I'll get that Big Snickers bar
Surely the protein will satisfy.
Until I can have some dinner,
But for now, I just gotta fly.

I hit the mattress, close my eyes,
And start to unwind and pray.
But somehow I feel I missed
A delicious banquet on your menu today.

My Spirit is a rumbling...
And in my attitude it will show;
If I do not sit at your feet Lord
and take in sustenance to grow.

Just bits and bites of Snickers bars
Might get me through a day.
But in reality I am really famished, Lord;
...And it makes it hard to pray.

So, awake to His plate of Fullness;
Take in his fresh Truth in Word,
Smell the aromas of His promises
In quiet time, discipline and observe...

Every day we need a balance
To maintain a Spirit divine.
And savour every course He offers you,
There are unlimited refills, and no long line.


Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

I Peter 2:2-3
...like newborn babes long for the pure milk of the Word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing yourself Collen. We definently have alot in common with Maureen Blair as a mutual, loving friend. I appreciate you reading my wandering pen...isn't true we sometimes don't know where it will take us? Your blog is so full of life and love:)I look forward to being able to check in.

    In Jesus Love,
    Nora @ Always Seeking Higher Ground

    ReplyDelete